Monday, August 17, 2009

You knock me off of my feet now babyyyyyy! Heeeeeeeeeee!

I can't put into words to really tell you what the King of Pop meant to me. But basically, I wouldn't be where I'm at today musically if it wasn't for his music, his dance, his compassion, his artistry. I used to have a VHS tape filled with only MJ vidoes, live performances, interviews, etc. I used to watch his moves in slow motion, rewind it, and watch it in slo-mo over and over again, but I still don't think I've mastered any of his moves. haha But at any Warhol Soup or RESET show, you'd see me bust out an MJ kick as a way I'd show homage to my musical hero. And there's even a Warhol Soup song where I reference "Man In The Mirror":

"People say we gotta make that change, but have no clue as to where to begin.
Does not get much more clearer than the man in the mirror. Change has to start within."
- Better Days

So like I said before, I can't perfectly sum up in words what the man meant to me, but you'll probably see what he means to me through song and dance.

If you haven't seen some of Warhol Soup's tributes to MJ here are a few:

Butterflies




Billie Jean




Rock With You



The Way You Make Me Feel

And here's a little something I put together recently for fun. It's a slower, bluesy, acoustic version of "The Way You Make Me Feel". Wish I could've spent more time on it, but this one was just for fun. Recorded it in my bathroom. :P It's free for you to download! And if you like it, I encourage you to share it with your friends! (Retweet button at bottom of post)

Listen:

Download - "The Way You Make Me Feel" (MJ Tribute) - Wonder Marq"



Sha-mon,
Wonder Marq


No comments:

Post a Comment