Monday, August 10, 2009

Lollapalooza '09 - Inspired



This was my second year road tripping out to Chicago for Lolla. As a musician, I think the experience and mindset is a little different for me. For starters, as I watched this year's headliners, The Killers, put on a killer show, halfway through their set I couldn't help but envision Warhol Soup up on the main stage. John on my right who is facing Ponti. While me and Ace run and dance across the stage like two kids in a playground. Simply having the time of our lives. Doing what we love to do. Seeing Filipino flags out in the crowd. Fans chanting "Surrender your soul to a better day!".

I imagined myself telling the crowd the story of how "I used to come to Lolla as a fan and was out there in the crowd like everyone else watching my favorite bands. Getting my ass kicked in the Rage Against the Machine mosh pits of '08. And how much I wished and believed I would be up on this stage one day singing in front of thousands with the beautiful Chicago skyline as our backdrop. With my friends enjoying the show from backstage. And here I am. Living a dream come true. But I'm still out there in the crowd with you. I am the fan singing along to my favorite songs. I am the aspiring musician who dreams of playing the main stage at Lolla. I am the kid in the mosh pits getting clocked in the face. I am the crowd surfer. You and I are the same. And tonite we are one. Music has brought us together and we are so greatful to be with you tonite. And if you're a musician, dont stop believing and in time you can be up here on this stage telling the same story."

Ummm...yea..something like that. lol Didn't think that would turn into an actual speech right there. But I guess I'd say something along those lines. If you're an artist like me, or an aspiring filmmaker, actor, dancer, athelete, etc, then I'm pretty sure you understand and you've probably found yourself in the same situations day dreaming about the day. So as I always say, if you're gonna dream, then dream BIG! Cuz dreams are meant to be BIG!

Peaceapalooza,
Wonder Marq

No comments:

Post a Comment