Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Look what I found in the Warhol Soup vault!


Designed by Weeping Panda


So as I was rummaging through some old Warhol Soup recordings, I stumbled upon an acoustic version of "Adobophunk" we recorded around a campfire in Lake George in 2007. It's about how we Filipinos love to dance and shake our puwet (tagalog for "butt"). Enjoy and feel free to download. Hope you don't mind some of the talking and laughing going on in the background. I think someone was getting all excited about cooking a fish they caught during the day. Hey, I would be excited too if I caught a fish! Props to Ponti who was playing percussion with a heavy ass log! You can hear him towards the end complaining how he's getting tired. :P


Listen to "Adobophunk" - Warhol Soup (AoustiCampfire Funk Version):

Download - "Adobophunk" (AcoustiCampfire Funk Version)- Warhol Soup

"AdoboPhunk" (© 2009 Warhol Soup)


I smell somthin' funky

but the sound is just so sweet

And The beat is extra chunky

And I just gotta sink my feet in it


The bass supplies the groove

It's like food for the booty to move

A funky chicken mix of some guitar licks

We serving up a musical stew


It's mmm mmm good

It'll feed your soul like yo momma should

It's mmm mmm good

We coming thru to your neighborhood


Cuz Everybody's asking

Yo can I get a little taste of the

Nu-jazzy-jersey-multifunk-rock rappery

Fresh to death yo we represent the Philippines

It's adobophunk, adobophunk

The flavor that you savor is adobophunk

Adobophunk, yea! adobophunk

Sabi ko sayo mag-adobophunk

(x2)


All my filipino bboys, poppers,

lockers, and true school hip-hoppers

My titas and my titos,

mom, and pop, grab your line dancing partner


Whether you line dance or you break dance

I don't give a dang-diggy-dang-di-dang

Just get on the floor and make it happen

If your funky and you know nows the time to show it so let me hear some clapping.


Its mmm mmm good

we'll feed your soul like yo momma should

It's mmm mmm good


Freeze! And thaw it out. Adobophunk leaves a funky flavor in your mouth.(x4)


Give me that funky chicken but make it adobophunk.


(back to chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment